Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

This is the second attempt for my Father's Day card.  The first one I wasn't crazy about, I kept looking at it and just wasn't happy with the way it looked.  Then I saw a this card on Pinterest which inspired me to make this one.

I applied distress paints - Faded Jeans and Weathered Wood - to an embossing folder and spritzed it with water.  I took a piece of watercolor paper, laid it on top and gently pressed it into the paint.  When I lifted it, I had this wonderful effect!  I really like this blue and grey together.

After it was dry, I adhered it to an Enchanted Evening cardstock card base, cut to a 5" x 5" square.  I stamped the sentiment in grey ink on a banner die-cut in watercolor paper, and scored it to make it dimensional.  I die-cut the letters in Enchanted Evening and Soft Stone cardstock and layered them to give a shadowed look.  They're on foam tape for additional dimension.

To complete the card, I tied Stone twine around the spine.  I am soooo much happier with this card!  And I had enough paint left over on the embossing folder that I was able to make 3 additional cards in different styles....I'll be posting them later.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Bountiful Banners
  • Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Soft Stone; Watercolor 140#
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood Distress Paint; Versafine Smokey Gray
  • Tools:  PTI Double Ended Banners Die, Block Alpha Upper Dies; Darice Plaid Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Twine
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 5.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!