I can't believe it's time for another Make It Monday, the weeks are flying by so fast! This week Danielle is showing us how she uses splatters on her projects with Make It Monday #233: Splattering. It looks easy to do so I was ready to give it a go.
On white cardstock, I placed a strip of Holiday Plaid paper on the left hand side. I like this paper so much that I really don't want to use whole sheets of it! I stamped the two star scribbles in Pure Poppy ink and added additional stars in Aqua Mist ink to match the colors in the pattern. I stamped the sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink.
Next, I took some Aqua Mist refill and mixed it with a little water. I loaded it onto a brush and flicked the splatters all over the card. I had to stop myself from overdoing it because I was having too much fun! lol
I placed the splattered panel on a Pure Poppy cardstock card base. To add something extra to the card, I used three enamel dots as an embellishment.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Star Scribbles, Jolly Holiday
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Holiday Plaid, Pure Poppy
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist Refill
- Other: Enamel Dots; Brush
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Another lovely Christmas card, Lainey! Great job with the MIM Challenge.
ReplyDeleteAwesome card! Love those star scribbles...
ReplyDeleteA merry little card Lainey! Love the scribbles in red!
ReplyDeleteA bright, cheery, and FUN card...love it! And I know what you mean about using whole sheets of the plaid paper...I'm only using strips of it myself so it will last! :0)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun design! I love the placement of the enamel dots on the plaid paper. Fun and clever!!
ReplyDeleteVery clever design, Lainey! That Holiday Plaid pad is a great one, and you used it beautifully.
ReplyDelete