In addition to the scenery ornaments posted yesterday, I made two other designs. I think next year if I make these again I'm just going to stick with one design. It'll make it easier and everyone will get the same ornament.
The first layer, the sky background, is Aqua Mist cardstock. Using my "Falling Snow" stencil, I applied embossing paste to give it a nice dimensional looking snow. The next layer, the trees, is die-cut in white cardstock and colored by rubbing Spring Moss ink on them. I cut one additional layer in white, a snow drift. All of these are covered with glitter.
The snowman is die-cut in white cardstock and colored with Copics. I added a lot of glitter to him and a pompom on his hat. He's on foam tape for dimension. I stamped the banner with Pure Poppy ink and placed it across the top of the globe. I added the snow and put the globe together.
The next ornament is based on a card I made using the Warmest Wishes set. The background is a light grey striped pattern paper. I die-cut the trees, stamped and embossed them with white embossing powder and rubbed Tropical Teal ink on them with a blending tool. On top of the ink, I applied Versamark ink with a make-up sponge and brushed on white Perfect Pearls. I burnished it with a dry baby wipe for a shiny look.
The fox was die-cut and stamped (with the Misti) in Smokey Shadow ink and colored with Copics. I added his scarf cut in Pure Poppy felt and placed him on fun foam for dimension. The banner is die-cut in Kraft cardstock and the sentiment stamped in Tropical Teal ink. I added a few clear sequins and glitter before adding the snow and putting the globe together.
Project Details:
Snowman
- Stamps: PTI Made of Snow, Snow Globe Sentiments
- Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Kraft, Spring Moss
- Copics: BG13, R27, R81, Y38
- Dies: PTI Tinsel & Tags, Made of Snow
- Other: SSS Falling Snow Stencil; Embossing Paste; Faux Snow; Foam Tape; Ribbon; Pompom; Glitter
- Size: 3.0" diameter
Fox
- Stamps: PTI Warmest Wishes, Tinsel & Tags
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Kraft; DCWV Christmas & Winter
- Ink: PTI Tropical Teal, Smokey Shadow; Versamark
- Copics: E42, E44
- Dies: PTI Warmest Wishes, Tinsel & Tags
- Other: PTI Pure Poppy Felt; Sequins; Faux Snow; Perfect Pearls; Foam Tape; Glitter; Zing Embossing Powder; Flock; Ribbon
- Size: 3.0" diameter


Lainey, these 2 ornaments are fantastic! I couldn't choose a favourite if I tried, they're BOTH so amazing (I just had to PIN them!). Anybody receiving these lovelies would be so pleased.
ReplyDelete