I honestly don't remember where I saw the technique of using Liquid Pearls for a card background....probably on Pinterest or YouTube.
I used True Black for the card base, rounding the right hand corners. My first step creating the background was adding blue Liquid Pearls - I did this by squeezing out some of the pearls on the side, dipping a piece of scrunched up plastic wrap into it and randomly dabbed it all over the card. I put it aside until it was completely dry.
Next, I took 3 colors of distress ink, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters and Pumice and applied them over the dried Liquid Pearls using my blending tool. I rubbed enough on the card until the white was completely covered and the colors looked right to me.
I die-cut the ovals and stamped the sentiment. I added Charcoal twine on the spine and a metal dot under the sentiment. This card is actually prettier in person because the Liquids Pearls give it a shiny look. It's sort of a "shiny grungy" look, if that makes sense.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Birthday Style
- Paper: PTI True Black, White Stampers Select
- Ink: Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Pumice; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: PTI Limited Layers Ovals Dies; Corner Rounder
- Other: Baby Blue Liquid Pearls; Twine; Foam Tape; Metal Dot; Plastic Wrap
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!