Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy Birthday

Can you believe it's October already?  Where did September go??

I used Ocean Tides cardstock for the card base and layered it with this pretty pattern paper made of soft grey, pink and green, rounding the bottom corners.

I made a Mat Stack 3 die-cut in Soft Stone cardstock, stamped it with pink ink and placed it on foam tape for dimension.  I created the rose in a multi-colored pink pattern paper using my Rose Creations dies, cutting and shaping the six layers of rose petals with a bone folder.  I have a silver brad in the middle holding the rose together.  I die-cut the leaves in Ocean Tides and scored the center to simulate the vein in the leaf.

I stamped the sentiment in light grey onto a banner cut with Soft Stone cardstock.  I love everything about this card - the pattern paper was my inspiration and luckily I had other papers to match it perfectly!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mat Stack 3 Collection, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI Soft Stone, Ocean Tides; Melissa Frances 
  • Ink:  Amuse Seattle; Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid
  • Tools:  PTI Mat Stack 3 Collection Die, Double Ended Banner Die; Rose Creations Dies; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Brad; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!