Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just A Note To Thank You

I needed to send a thank you card and thought since it's Fall, why not incorporate leaves into it.  I saw this idea on Heather Nichols blog - 1) where she made her leaves look like they are watercolor and 2) she inset the "thank you".  How clever!  It looked simple enough so I gave it a try and love how this turned out!!

I used Kraft cardstock for the card base and added a layer of Canyon Clay cardstock.  First, I cut out the "thank you" on Rustic Cream cardstock and put it to the side.  Second, I stamped the leaves - to create the watercolor effect I inked up the stamp, spritzed it with a little water and stamped it on the card.  It really gives the card a pretty look!  I stamped all the leaves in a variety of colors and added the veins in brown ink.

Third, I placed the die-cut "thank you" back in the card - notice how it really stands out now!  I stamped "just a note" above it.  I like sparkle, so added some coarse glitter to the leaves.  Thanks Heather for the great idea!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Leaf Prints, Wonderful Words:  Thank You
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Rustic Cream, Canyon Clay
  • Ink:  Memento Toffee Crunch, Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Pistachio, Tuxedo Black; PTI Pure Poppy, Lemon Tart
  • Tools:  PTI Wonderful Words: Thank You Die
  • Other:  Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!