Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wishing You Brighter Days

I saw this card on Amber's blog, Damask Love and thought it was so pretty and wanted to see if I could make one similar to it.

I used Berry Sorbet cardstock as the card base.  I die-cut a Quatrefoil Cover Plate in white and adhered it to the card base.  Next, I took a circle nestability, die-cutting a circle through the middle of both layers.  For the border around the sentiment, I placed two circle nestabilities that were slightly larger than each other and ran it through the Cuttlebug.  The result was a 1/4" outline of a circle which I placed around the cut circle in the middle of the card.  Does that make sense?  It's hard to explain in writing.

By cutting the two circles together, it also left a die-cut circle.  I used that as the inside sentiment for the card, stamping it with the sentiment and placing it directly inside the circle cut in the card base.  I placed it on foam tape so it pops up a bit.

I stamped the flowers and leaves on white cardstock, fussy cut them and adhered them to the card.  I tied white twine around the bottom of the card in a bow.

I took the picture with the card slightly open, hopefully so you can see how the sentiment circle is placed on the inside of the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Healing Touch Sentiments; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
  • Paper:  PTI Berry Sorbet, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Bamboo Leaves
  • Tools:  PTI Quatrefoil Cover Plate Die; Standard Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Twine; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!