Thursday, October 10, 2013

Smile

I am liking this Reasons To Smile stamp set more and more - I'm so glad I got it!

I used Scarlet Jewel for the card base and added a layer of beige check paper.  This paper is so old I don't even know who makes it - it's one of the first papers I bought when I started scrapbooking!  

On Vintage Cream cardstock, I stamped the flowers in rhubarb stalk and the leaves in pearlescent beige - it's nice to use a color other than green for the leaves.  I used Labels One nestabilities to die-cut the flowers and the layer behind it.  They are adhered to the card with foam tape for dimension.

I die-cut the banner and stamped Smile on it, adding 3 tiny pearls to the side.  I stamped another sentiment under the banner - it's hard to read and says "your birthday is destined to be simply amazing!"  All of these colors worked so well together!  It's nice to use darker, richer colors for a change.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Reasons To Smile
  • Paper:  PTI Scarlet Jewel, Vintage Cream; Unknown
  • Ink:  Memento Rhubarb Stalk; Brilliance Pearlescent Beige
  • Tools:  PTI Sketched Shapes Die; Labels One Nestabilities
  • Other:  Pearls; Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!