Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy Birthday (Scraps)

Happy April!  We are finally supposed to get some Spring-like weather this week.  It's been a long time coming!

Isn't this a clever, but simple card?  I saw this card on Pinterest via Judy's Card Corner - this is the link to the home page of her blog.  Unfortunately, whoever originally pinned the card didn't do it correctly and I couldn't find the actual card on her blog, but wanted to give her credit for the idea.

I took a piece of white cardstock and made two score lines (hard to see in the picture) around the edges - the first line is 1/4" from the edge and the second is 1/8" next to the first line.  I stamped the sentiment on the bottom in purple ink.

The boxes are made from scraps - I cut one box 1-5/8" x 2" and the other 1.25" x 2.5.  I die-cut the bows in coordinating cardstock (also scraps), placed them on the boxes and adhered them to white cardstock. For a little dimension and bling I added the little silver gems to the bow centers.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Paper:  PTI Plum Pudding, Spring Moss, Happy Spots, Polka Dot Parade
  • Ink:  Memento Sweet Plum
  • Tools:  Memento Crisp Bows Dies; Scor-Pal
  • Other:  Gems
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!