Saturday, April 12, 2014

Thinking Of You

I'm having so much fun playing around with different watercolor techniques!  There are so many ideas to choose from.

For this card I started with a piece of watercolor paper and picked out two colors of distress inks:  Ripe Persimmon and Festive Berries.  I placed some of the ink on a clear stamping block, picked up the ink with a brush and a little water and stroked the ink onto the paper.  I applied it to the paper until I got the look I wanted, leaving some of the edges lighter than the rest of the card.

I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with white Zing embossing powder and heated it with my heat tool.  The image is mounted onto a white card base, with a little bit of white showing on the left side.  I also rounded the bottom right hand corner.

To finish the card, I added butterflies, cut in a pattern paper, placing clear gems in the centers.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mini Blooms
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Watercolor
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries Distress; Versamark
  • Tools:  Memory Box Dancing Butterflies; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; Gems; Brush
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!