Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Birthday

I saw this card on Pinterest by Rita's Creations - she made it as a sympathy card but I thought it was perfect for a masculine birthday!  And it was an interesting way to make the stripes in the background.

I started with a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock.  Using masking tape and Tim Holtz Distress inks, I rubbed the tape in light green ink and transferred it to the cardstock, placing it on an angle.  I repeated the same technique with darker green ink for the second stripe.  The trees and the sentiment are stamped in pine ink; I wanted this to be the darkest green and to match the card base.

The edges have Antique Linen ink around them and are distressed.  I adhered the image to a Pinefeather cardstock card base and added jute around the spine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Masculine Motifs; Stampin' Up Lovely As A Tree
  • Paper:  PTI Pinefeather, Vintage Cream
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Antique Linen; Memento Northern Pine
  • Tools:  Distressor
  • Other:  Jute; Masking Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!