Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy Birthday

Making my own backgrounds on cards is becoming a favorite of mine.  It just adds so much to the card.

I started with a Hibiscus Burst cardstock card base and stamped the flower images on it in Hibiscus Burst ink.  Next, I die-cut the flower layers in white cardstock, stamping them with Rosebud ink and the leaf veins in Dark Chocolate ink.  I put the layers together with thin foam tape and adhered it to the card.  I placed a small gem in the flower center.

I die-cut a banner in white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in brown ink.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Lovely Layers, Keep It Simple: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate; Memento Rosebu
  • Tools:  PTI Lovely Layers Die, Sketched Shapes Die
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Gem
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!