Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Birthday

After I dug out my watercolor markers the other day, I also found a spritzer tool (another ancient QVC purchase).  I can remember using it a few times, but now see it's trendy!  I guess it pays not to get rid of craft items because eventually, like fashion, they'll be back in style!  haha

I started with a piece of white cardstock, and using the spritzer tool, sprayed 3 different colors of pink on the background.   I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added the border around the card.

I die-cut the balloon and stamped it in rosebud ink.  While it was still wet, I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it to give it a shiny look (which can't be seen in the picture).

I added a piece of Charcoal twine and attached the twine to the card with mini glue dots to create the swirled look.  The balloon is on foam tape for dimension.  The image is adhered on a Raspberry Fizz cardstock card base.  Very festive looking!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Wet Paint, Birthday Style
  • Paper:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Rosebud; Watercolor Markers
  • Tools:  PTI Birthday Style Die
  • Other:  Color Spritzer; Twine; Foam Tape; Filigree Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; Glue Dots
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!