Sunday, October 6, 2013

Birthday Greetings

This is a newly released stamp set from Stampin' Up called Wetlands.  I saw cards made with this set all over Pinterest, and of course I had to get it!  It'll come in handy making masculine cards!

I used Kraft cardstock for my card base and added a layer of Dark Chocolate cardstock.  Next, I took a piece of white cardstock and placed masking tape along the edges, first tearing the tape to give it a jagged edge.  Using a blending tool with foam, I loaded it with Antique Linen ink and rubbed it on the white to create the "sandy beach".  I went over the light brown ink with Frayed Burlap, a slightly darker brown ink.  I stamped the ferns in the corners with Chocolate ink, stamping them once fully inked and once with the ink stamped off.

I created the sky the same way by inking up my blending tool and then rubbing the ink - by doing this I can make the sky lighter or darker as needed.  I stamped the ducklings in the middle of the card in Chocolate ink.  Aren't they adorable?  I die-cut the clouds and stamped the sentiment on the largest cloud, placing it on foam tape for dimension.

Now it was time to pull off the masking tape - and yes, it came out exactly as I wanted with a bright white edge to the card.  I tied jute around the spine to complete the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Stampin' Up Wetlands
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate; Tim Holtz Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Tumbled Glass
  • Tools:  PTI Heart-2-Heart #6 Dies
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Masking Tape, Jute; Tim Holtz Blending Tool w/Foam
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!