Sunday, October 20, 2013

Boo To You

I needed to make a few Halloween cards quickly for someone and my creativity wasn't flowing very well, so I turned to the PTI Design Team for help.  This card was inspired by one made by Betsy Veldman.

I used Limeade Ice cardstock for the card base (I'm starting to really like this color!) and added a layer of Orange Zest cardstock, impressed with my star impression plate.  

I die-cut the frame in black and white polka dots, cutting a piece of white cardstock to fit the inside of the frame.  I stamped the ghosts and sentiment, adding die-cut bows for the boy ghosts and hair bows for the girl ghosts, all on foam tape.  I adhered the frame, backed with a die-cut coaster for added support, also on foam tape for dimension.

"Olivia" was cut in Limeade Ice using a Sizzlet alphabet.  The funny thing is I was going to sell my Sizzlet alphabets, but used them all in the last week.  Now I'm glad I still have them!  I added a die-cut girl ghost on the side of the frame on foam tape.  

To finish the card, I added a gem to the bow centers and Halloween twine, threaded with a bright orange button around the bottom.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Polka Dot Parade #7
  • Paper:  PTI Limeade Ice, Orange Zest, White Stampers Select, Black & White Basics
  • Ink:  Memento Pear Tart, Tangelo, Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  PTI Fabulous Frames Die, Polka Dot Parade #7 Die, Star Spangled Impression Plate; Bounce Sizzlet Alphabet Die
  • Other:  Twine; Foam Tape; Gems, PTI Coaster; Button
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!