Monday, November 4, 2013

Get Well Soon

Remember a while back (August 24) I posted a card using spray alcohol?  Well, I had some of the mixture left over and didn't want to throw it away and made this card with it.  I just didn't post the card until now.

I used Soft Stone cardstock for the card base.  Again, I used a Quatrefoil Cover Plate die-cut to create the  background by spraying the mist (rubbing alcohol and pink ink refill) over the die-cut frame to get this lattice look.  After it was completely dry, I attached it to the card base.

The flower is four layers of die-cuts:  #1 - Soft Stone cardstock stamped with light grey ink for the veins, #2 Linen Vellum, #3 white cardstock stamped with pink ink and on foam tape for dimension and #4 Scarlet Jewel cardstock.

I cut a strip of grey cardstock and stamped the sentiment on it.  I tied Stone twine around the spine and added a pink gem to the flower center (I guess that makes it 5 layers?).  Pink and grey - such a beautiful color combination!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Communique Curves Sentiments, Lovely Layers
  • Paper:  PTI Soft Stone, White Stampers Select, Linen Vellum, Scarlet Jewel
  • Ink:  PTI Soft Stone; Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid; Stampin' Up Pretty In Pink Dye Refill
  • Tools:  PTI Lovely Layers Dies, PTI Quatrefoil Cover Plate Die
  • Other:  Rubbing Alcohol; Foam Tape; Twine, Gem
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!