Every once in a while a new tool comes out that sounds too good to be true....that's the way I originally felt about We R Memory Keepers new Envelope Punch Board. Was I wrong! The board can make 66 different sizes of envelopes which is great, BUT it can do so much more! There are so many projects that can be done with it such as cards, boxes and favors! As more and more people buy this tool and start using it, more ideas will be coming!
I decided to make a "folder" card using the envelope board. It was really easy to make, and a little different than just the normal card. There are lots of videos on Pinterest or YouTube to see how to make this type of card.
I used Vintage Cream cardstock for the card base, covering the front with a floral pattern paper. I put a 2-1/2" strip of coordinating pattern paper in the inside of the card. Next, I placed the card on the EPB and punched the very left edge of the card, and then again at 3". I repeated the same steps for the inside of the card. Using my paper cutter, I trimmed the paper next to the right of the 3" punch mark so it would create a tab. Again, I repeated this step for the inside of the card.
I added a strip of blue pattern paper down the center of the card. I die-cut two circles, stamping the sentiment in matching blue ink. I placed the circles on foam tape for dimension and wrapped coordinating Ocean twine around the card.
This is the outside of the card when closed (ignore the mini clothespin, that's just to hold the card together!) You can see how the top of the card looks like a file folder.
And the inside:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI 2012 Birthday Tags, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
- Paper: PTI Vintage Cream; Stampin' Up; Bazzill
- Ink: Memento Teal Zeal
- Tools: Envelope Punch Board; PTI Limitless Layers: Circles Dies
- Other: Twine; Foam Tape
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Well now you've done it. I think I need that envelope board!
ReplyDelete