Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Celebrate Today

I'm so happy with the way this card turned out!  I wanted to use my library stamp since it's another stamp I haven't used yet and I bought it at least 6 months ago.

I started with a Kraft cardstock card base and added a layer of blue polka dot paper, with vintage overtones (notice the "aging" at the bottom of the paper).  I stamped the library card image in a light brown ink on Rustic White cardstock, cut it out and rounded the corners.

I remembered I had the library pocket die and die-cut it in Kraft paper.  I tied Maraschino twine around it in a knot and adhered it to the card on a slight angle.  I stamped "celebrate today" in blue ink on the library card and slipped it into the library pocket. 

The stars are die-cut in Pure Poppy and Enchanted Evening cardstock using stitched stars and adhered to the card with glue dots.  I also added a blue star to the bottom of the library card, just in case the recipient pulls the card out, they will see another star!  My last step was die-cutting the banner and stamping the sentiment. 

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Library Card, Keep It Simple: Birthday, 2012 Birthday Tags
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Rustic White, Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening; Kaiser Craft Garage Days
  • Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening; Memento Desert Sand
  • Tools:  PTI Library Pocket Die, Bountiful Banners Die; Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Stars; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!