Friday, March 21, 2014

What's New?

Watercolor is a hot, hot trend right now, and I've been trying all different techniques the past few days.  I love using watercolor, and it's a lot easier to do than I thought it would be.

For this card I used Tim Holtz distress ink.  I stamped some of the ink on a piece of acetate, and using a water filled brush, dipped the brush in the ink with a bit of water.  I brushed it onto watercolor paper creating this diagonal brushed look.  I found that using watercolor paper worked much better than regular cardstock.

I stamped the typewriter and sentiment on the card in black.  I wanted to bring out the teal and the black in the card and layered the image on black, mounted to a Hawaiian Shores card base.  I placed the two layers flush against the right side for a different look.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Amuse Just My Type
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores; The Paper Company; Watercolor
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress Ink; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other:  Water Brush
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!