Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy 90th Birthday

You'll notice I made a few cards with this same design using polka dots and Ruby Reprise.  I really liked the colors and the style of the card and it was easy to change it up for any occasion.

I used Plum Pudding (I know it looks black in the picture but it's dark purple) cardstock for the card base, rounding the right hand corners.  On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped 3 rows of polka dots in light green ink.

I die-cut the flowers, stamped and adhered them to the card, placing the purple one in the upper right hand corner on foam tape.  I die-cut the numbers, once in coaster and once in Plum Pudding.  The numbers are on foam tape for dimension.

I stamped "happy" and "birthday" and added the "th" cut in a piece of scrap paper.  The person who wanted this special card also wanted the recipient's name on the front; I cut "Floss" in purple cardstock using Sizzix letters.  I die-cut another orange flower placed on foam tape, added glitter to the flowers and tied light green ribbon around the spine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Ruby Reprise, Polka Dot Basics, Embroidered Blooms, Big Birthday Wishes, Harvest Berries
  • Paper:  PTI Plum Pudding, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Pear Tart, Tangelo, Tuxedo Black; Brilliance Pearlescent Purple
  • Tools:  PTI Ruby Rose Dies, By The Numbers Dies, Suffix Style Dies; Corner Rounder; Sizzix Classic Alphabet
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Ribbon; Glitter; Coaster
  • Card Size:  5.5" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!