Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy 14th Birthday

This card has another new favorite of mine - Button Stacks!  These dies give you the ability to create many different button styles, single or layered, and you can use cardstock or even felt to make them! 

I started with white cardstock for the card base and added another layer in white, die-cut using my new Cover Plate die - Stripes Horizontal.  I filled in the stripes by alternating them with Dark Chocolate and Sweet Blush cardstock.  Next, using the Button Stacks dies, I die-cut buttons in Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush and White, layered them and sewed them together with Ice Cream twine.

I found a piece of pink seam binding (which I thought was ribbon!) in my stash and tied it around the bottom of the card in a bow.  I die-cut the three ovals and layered them, placing the sentiment (made on the computer) on top.  The ovals are on foam tape for dimension.

After adhering the buttons, I curled the edges of the wavy button for added dimension.  Love Button Stacks!

Card Details:
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush
  • Tools:  PTI Button Stacks Dies, Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal Die; Standard & Scalloped Oval Nestabilities
  • Other:  Twine; Seam Binding; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!