Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Chicks

Doesn't it seem like we were just celebrating Valentine's Day?

I wanted to make something that didn't have a bunny rabbit on it, and saw the Hippity Hoppity set had little chicks, and since I needed to put Olivia's name on the card, thought using chicks would work.

I started with a white cardstock card base and added a layer of flowered pattern paper.  I die-cut the "hills" in Spring Moss cardstock, adhering the bottom hill on foam tape for dimension.

I die-cut the chicks and colored their beaks and feet with an orange Copic marker.  I put a black dot for the eye, stamped the letters, and used thin foam tape to adhere each chick.  Thank goodness I still have those $1 stamps I bought years ago, they do come in handy for personalizing things!  The sun is die-cut in Orange Zest, embossed with Swiss dots and on foam tape.

I finished the card by stamping the sentiment and adding a couple of little eggs cut in pattern paper.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Take Three Spring; Studio G $1
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Moss, Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, Egg Hunt
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Copics:  YR16, 100
  • Tools:  PTI Heart-2-Heart #6 Die, In The Meadow Dies, Hippity Hoppity Die; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!