I was very happy to see a watercolor technique on Papertrey's Make It Monday this week. This technique is called "Watercolor Splats" and was fun to do. Here's the link to the video and instructions.
I decided to use my Tim Holtz Distress inks for this technique (I know they work well with water) and pulled out 3 different colors to create an ombre look. I cut a 3.75" x 5.0" piece of white cardstock and using a dauber, rubbed the ink up and down on the card, blending some of the colors together to get lighter and darker versions of the colors.
I die-cut the "thank you" in the inked paper and die-cut it again in white cardstock. The white die-cut was inlaid into the colored part. I adhered the image to a white cardstock card base, and, using a paint brush and water, drew circles of water on the ink. To get some of the smaller circles, I flicked the water from the brush onto the card. Fun technique....I'll definitely be making more of these!
Card Details:
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select
- Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade
- Tools: PTI Wonderful Words: Thank You Die
- Other: Brush; Water
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

The colors are so vibrant, reminds me of a beautiful sunset.
ReplyDelete