Friday, July 25, 2014

A Very Happy Birthday To You

Normally, I would post a "Christmas in July" card here, but I really haven't given Christmas much thought this year yet!  I should because it's only 5 months away!  haha

This color is a little out of my comfort zone, I don't normally use bright colors.  I was playing around with distress inks and an embossing folder when I made this.  I used Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean distress paints, applying them to the embossing folder and then spritzing it with water.  I placed a piece of watercolor paper on top and rubbed the paint into the paper.

After it dried, I stamped the sentiment and added jute around the spine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Ruby Rose
  • Paper:  PTI New Leaf; Watercolor 90#
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Darice Swirl Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean Distress Paints; Jute
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!