Monday, July 21, 2014

Wish Big

This is a technique used on PTI's Make It Monday #168, "Combining Chalk and Stamps With Impression Plates".  I will admit, I wasn't crazy about this idea until I tried it....and now I just love this technique!

I started with a piece of white cardstock and impressed it with my Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.  Next, I colored the background with chalks, using greens, blues and pinks as the background colors.  It really didn't look that great but I continued....

After the chalked background was completed, I stamped the flowers and leaves using Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie Step 2, which adds details to the images.  This second step really makes the flowers and leaves pop!  I used Rosebud and Pure Poppy inks for the flowers and Spring Moss and Pistachio inks for the leaves.  I added a few floating berries to the image too.

The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink so it's not as harsh as black ink.  I rounded the bottom corners and placed it on a Raspberry Fizz cardstock card base.  After it was all put together I was amazed at how nice it turned out!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Harvest Berries
  • Paper:  PTI Raspberry Fizz; White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow; Memento Rosebud, Pistachio
  • Tools:  PTI Linen & Canvas Impression Plate Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Chalk
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!