Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Summer Birthday

How stinking cute is this little watermelon and ant set?  It's from Lawn Fawn, my first purchase from this company, but it certainly won't be my last!

I started with a white cardstock card base and added a layer of red check pattern paper - which reminded me of a picnic tablecloth.  I stamped the row of ants and added the sentiment at the top, stamping part in black and part in red inks.  

I stamped the watermelons and colored them with Copics - it's been a while since I did any Copic coloring!  I fussy cut the watermelons and adhered them to the card on foam tape.  I wanted to make it look like the ants were carrying the watermelons.  

I added the dashed line next to the sentiment, glitter to the watermelons and tied watermelon twine around the top.  A delightful, summery looking card!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Happy Summer
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; DCWV Spring Fling & Summer Days
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Copics:  R22, R24, R29, G24, YG13
  • Other:  Glitter; Foam Tape; Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!