Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Congratulations - 2014

When my friend saw the graduation card I made last week, she asked me to make the same card for her son.  I looked on his school's website and saw the school colors were black, light grey and orange.

I used my Stripes embossing folder to emboss the black background.   I cut a piece of Soft Stone cardstock to use under the 2014, stamping "congratulations" above it.  The numbers are cut in Canyon Clay cardstock; the zero and four are on foam tape for dimension.

I cut a square in Canyon Clay and white and placed the cap on it.  I added little glue to the tassel to keep it in place.  I die-cut the stars border on the bottom and kept the little stars from the middle, using them around the cap at the top!  I think the stars really make the card look festive!  

I added another layered star on foam tape inside the zero and tied Stone twine around the spine.  My friend was very happy with the way this turned out!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Congratulations
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, Soft Stone, Canyon Clay, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Amuse Seattle
  • Tools:  PTI By The Numbers Dies, Super Star Border; Lil Inker Designs Starry Border; Standard Rectangle Nestabilities; Darice Stripes Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Jolee's Sticker; Foam Tape; Twine
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!