Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas In July!

Yes, it's only 5 months until Christmas....time to start to thinking of what to make for the holidays.  It's a little hard to get in a Christmas mood when the temperatures have been in the high 90's with a heat index in the low 100's.  Ugh....still waiting for the cool weather!!

The card base looks dark in the picture...it's Pinefeather, a dark almost forest green cardstock.  The next layer is Rustic Cream cardstock, cut with card edgers on the bottom.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark, sprinkled it with Copper Zing and heat embossed it. 

I die-cut a Label One nestie in the same rustic cream and stamped the dotted lines in around the edge in brown ink using a Vintage Labels stamp.  I don't know why I don't use this set more often because it does add a nice effect.  The pine leaves are stamped in Northern Pine ink (my new favorite green ink for leaves) and the pinecones in brown ink; the top pinecone is stamped on a die-cut and placed on foam tape for dimension.  The entire label was placed on additional foam tape - lots of height on this card!

I added glitter to the pinecones and tied jute around the bottom of the card to complete it.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Peaceful Pinecones, Think Big Favorites #20, Vintage Labels
  • Paper:  PTI Pinefeather, Rustic Cream
  • Ink:  Memento Northern Pine, Rich Cocoa; Versamark
  • Tools:  PTI Peaceful Pinecones Dies; Card Edgers #1 Die; Labels One Nestabilities
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Copper Zing; Jute; Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter; Heat Gun
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!