I saw this card style on Pinterest (here) and wanted to make it right away! It's very dimensional, but the best thing is the box folds down flat for mailing! It looks complicated to make but it really wasn't!
I used Lemon Tart cardstock for the card base, running the top of the card through the Cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots embossing folder. I cut the bottom of the card front with card edgers to create the curve at the bottom.
I selected a green and yellow check pattern paper to make the box. The box is made from a 4" x 4" piece of paper, scored twice diagonally on four sides, then the score lines are folded to create the "box". I lined the box with a piece of Linen Vellum because the green color was a little too bright for me.
I die-cut the butterfly twice, once in yellow polka dot paper and once in the matching check pattern paper, layered them on top of each other and adhered them to the center of the box. I added two light yellow pearls to the center.
For the sentiment, instead of just stamping it onto the yellow cardstock, I decided stamp it on the check pattern paper, using card edgers again to shape it. I think the pattern paper helps brings the colors on the card together. Fun card to make!
A better look at the dimension of the card:
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments
- Paper: PTI Lemon Tart, Linen Vellum, Bitty Dots; Tracy Porter Colorbox
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: PTI Card Edgers #1 Dies; Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Punch
- Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder; Pearls
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!