Monday, July 29, 2013

sweet baby

This card was inspired from one I saw on Pinterest (Joanne, Stamped by Hand) - I never thought to use the paint stroke images as the background on a baby card!

I stamped the two light blue paint images on white cardstock.  I die-cut "baby" in the green polka dot paper and also in coaster for a bit of support.  After I determined where I would adhere it to the card, I stamped "sweet" in black ink.

I ran the cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  It's really nice to see how a little embossing makes a card look so much better!  I rounded the bottom corners and selected Spring Moss cardstock for the card base.

I tied grosgrain ribbon around the top in a bow and secured it to the back of the white cardstock with Scor-tape.  I glued the two baby die-cuts together and adhered them with foam tape for a little dimension.

I wanted something else on the card and die-cut the heart and stamped it with "Love".  I threaded it with Honeydew twine and placed it behind the bow.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Watercolor Wonder, Wonderful Words: Baby, Tiny Tags
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Moss, Pretty Pastels, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky
  • Tools:  PTI Wonderful Words: Baby Die, Tiny Tags Die; Corner Rounder; Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
  • Other:  PTI Spring Rain Grosgrain Ribbon, Coaster; Twine; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!