Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Butterflies

I made this for a friend's daughter-in-law's birthday, but she wanted "daughter" in quotes.  It took me a long time to come up with an idea for this card....I must have had "crafter's block" or something!  lol

I used white cardstock for the card base and added the layer of purple butterfly pattern paper, rounding the bottom corners.  I die-cut the scalloped circle in light peach and two standard circles in purple and white.  I stamped the sentiment onto the white, leaving room for the monarch butterfly.

I die-cut a strip of leafy border in purple and adhered it to the card.  I placed the layer of circles on top with  foam tape.

I punched 4 more butterflies in purple and placed them in a slight pattern on the card.  To complete the card, I tied white ribbon around the card and added gems to the bodies of the butterfly.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  Just Rite Times New Roman 15 Pt
  • Paper:  HOTP; Recollections; DCWV
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities; PTI Leafy Border Die; Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Punch, Martha Stewart Small Butterfly Punch
  • Other:  Ribbon; Gems; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  5.5" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!