Sunday, July 21, 2013

So Sweet Of You

This is another card that was inspired by Pinterest - made by Wendy of Happy Stamping Designs.  I'm running out of Thank You cards and thought this would make a nice thank you for someone.

I used white cardstock for the card base, impressed with my Linen Impression Plate (hard to see in picture) and rounded at the bottom.  The "basket" is made from 1/4 inch strips of Kraft cardstock and woven together in a typical basket weave.  I inked around the edges and across the basket with tea dye ink to give it a distressed look and cut the edges on angles.

I didn't have any strawberry stamps and borrowed a PTI stamp set from my PTI partner in crime.  I colored the strawberries with Copics, cut them out and adhered them to the basket, placing a few on foam tape for dimension.  

I stamped the sentiment and added glitter to the strawberries.  Fun to make and a great summer card!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Jar Fillers Summer, Signature Greetings
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Kraft
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress
  • Copics:  R27, G82, G85
  • Tools:  PTI Linen & Canvas Impression Plate; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Martha Stewart Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!