Monday, July 1, 2013

H A P P Y Birthday

It's hard be believe it's July already!  The only downside is it's summer and it's been hot.  But on a positive note - each day is a day closer to Autumn!  haha

I was playing around when I made this card after looking at all the scraps I have, and decided I needed to use some.  So everything other than the card base and white layer is scraps.  Maybe I should make a "scraps" card every once in a while and post it?

I used Sweet Blush cardstock for the card base and added a layer of white cardstock.  I stamped "birthday" on the white and ran it through the Cuttlebug with my Swiss dots embossing folder.

I cut the scalloped circles in three colors:  Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado and Melon Berry, and placed polka dot circles on top.  I die-cut the letters in the same cardstock colors and placed them on the circles.  Three of the circles are on foam tape for dimension.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Big Birthday Wishes
  • Paper:  PTI Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry, White Stampers Select, Polka Dot Parade
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  PTI Block Alpha Upper & Lower Dies; Martha Stewart 1" Circle Punch; Paper Shapers 1.25" Scalloped Circle Punch; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!