Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hope Your Day Is Fabulous (CAS #26)

Ombre (color fading from dark to light or vice versa) is a big trend right now and I thought it was time to give it a try.  I decided to use purple for my color and picked out 3 different shades of ink.

I used True Black cardstock for the card base and rounded the right hand corners.  I stamped the triangles onto white cardstock.  My first stamped image was about 1/3 down from the top, and then I stamped the lighter colors, overlapping the tips of the triangles.  I stamped the sentiment and completed the top of the card with two more triangles.

The card needed something and I added the silver dots to four of the triangles.  This card wasn't hard to make - the hardest part was making sure the first stamped triangle was straight on the card! 

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Sketched Shapes, Boutique Borders: Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI True Black, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  VersaMagic Spring Pansy; Memento Lulu Lavender, Tuxedo Black; Brilliance Pearlescent Purple
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Metal Dots
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!