Tuesday, July 1, 2014

With Deepest Sympathy

Happy July!  Wow, over half the year is over already...life is passing by too fast!

I was playing around with my friend's Tim Holtz Distress Markers at craft group last week, showing them how you can apply color to a glass block, spritz it with water and apply it to watercolor paper.  I used 3 different colors - Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.  It didn't come out exactly as I planned, but I didn't want to throw it away.

I die-cut the Pippi butterfly in Hawaiian Shores cardstock and adhered it on an angle.  The sentiment is stamped in black ink and on thin foam tape.  I rounded the corners and attached it to a Plum Pudding cardstock card base.  It already looked much better, but it was perfect with a few iridescent sequins.  Amazing how this went from not so great to a very nice looking card!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Words Of Comfort
  • Paper:  PTI Plum Pudding, Hawaiian Shores; Tim Holtz Watercolor
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  PTI Building Blocks Dies; Memory Box Pippi Butterfly Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Tim Holtz Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers Watercolor Markers; Foam Tape, Sequins
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!